[daip] New Ticket - [!PBI-407366]: Installation problems

Aya Higuchi do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Tue May 24 13:49:55 EDT 2011

New Ticket: Installation problems

I cannot install the AIPS (31DEC11) in my Macbook Air 11 inch.
The error messages are as follows.
Sorry, I'm not sure about the technical things, but I installed the software to fulfill the requirements written in Mac Installation pages before installation.
If you have any suggestions or comments, please let me know.

-------final comments...

sent 41280 bytes  received 2008776 bytes  215795.37 bytes/sec
total size is 826107275  speedup is 402.97
 National Radio Astronomy Observatory computing facilities are exclusively
  for the use of authorized personnel, who are expected to abide by the
     terms of the NRAO Computing Security and Computing Use Policies.

receiving file list ... done

sent 33 bytes  received 13966 bytes  3999.71 bytes/sec
total size is 245870866  speedup is 17563.46
cp: MACINT/SYSTEM/MASTER/aips: No such file or directory
AipsWiz:         -- done.
AipsWiz:
The AIPS Midnight Job is a way to keep your AIPS
AipsWiz: installation up to date.  It is secure, relatively
AipsWiz: easy, and can be done on demand or in a cron job
AipsWiz: (i.e. periodically, daily or weekly or whenever).
AipsWiz: It does require that you have the cvs software
AipsWiz: package installed on your system.

AipsWiz: This script will set up the infrastructure for you
AipsWiz: to be *able* to run the Midnight Job (MNJ), but you
AipsWiz: have the power to make it run or not.

AipsWiz: About to run 'MAKE.BMNJ '...
AipsWiz: This will generate a fair bit of output.
sh: /usr/local/aips/31DEC11/UNKNOWN/SYSTEM/CDVER.SH: No such file or directory
AipsWiz: Not good; no /usr/local/aips/31DEC11/MACINT/SYSTEM/AYAMOMOMO/UPDCONFIG found; did MAKE.BMNJ fail?
AipsWiz: You should investigate this.
AipsWiz: ==> Press <ENTER> to acknowledge::
AipsWiz:  =====> Generate system files via FILAIP/POPSGN...
AipsWiz: This will generate some output, including a copyright (left)
AipsWiz: statement and some prompts, but should end with a 'Done!' if
AipsWiz: everything worked...

AipsWiz: About to run FILAIP.  If this is a re-installation, you
AipsWiz: will be prompted for an AIPS Manager password.  The
AipsWiz: default password is AMANAGER

Cannot find /usr/local/aips/31DEC11/UNKNOWN/LOAD/FILAIP.EXE
AipsWiz: Error: FILAIP did not work, or there's a missing file!
AipsWiz: Error: This may mean that FILAIP did not work (it should have
AipsWiz: Error: created it and many other files in that area).
AipsWiz: Error: You can try running it by hand after (a) dotting the
AipsWiz: Error: LOGIN.SH file or sourcing the LOGIN.CSH file; and
AipsWiz: Error: (b) Typing 'RUN FILAIP'.  You will then be asked for
AipsWiz: Error: two parameters.  Use
8 2

AipsWiz: Error: as the standard values.
AipsWiz: Error: You will also have to RUN POPSGN if that works;

AipsWiz: Error: Feed it

0 POPSDAT TST

AipsWiz: Error: when it asks for Idebug, etc. and press RETURN when
AipsWiz: Error: you see the '>' prompt.

AipsWiz: Install Wizard stopping.  Current settings saved in ~/.AIPSRC
AipsWiz: Abandoning ship!  Goodbye.

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: PBI-407366
Department: AIPS Data Processing