[daip] copying of data

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon May 23 10:50:31 EDT 2011

Hi Lori,

I have another question for you .... this one is more aips
related but either you know or can refer me to someone
who knows!

I went to the aips data disk on one machine and copy all
the files that contained my aips user number in hex-format
as part of the name.  (these are the AN*, UV*, CL*, SU*, etc
files). Then I dumped all the files on the aips data disk on
another machine. Both running the same aips version. But,
when I start aips I can't see the data! I seem to recall some
command that needed to be run from aips so that it could
see the new data on the disk.  Do you know what the magical
command is?

Two questions:

1. The most important file to copy is CA... did you copy all files with
your user number?

2. What are the architectures of the two machines?  If one is big endian
(Solaris, Mac PPC) and the other little endian (Intel Mac and Linux)
then a simple copy will not work.  The stand-alone program REBYTE is
required.