[daip] large data

zhongzu wu zzwu08 at gmail.com
Sat May 21 11:00:03 EDT 2011

Dear NRAO professor:
   I am loading a  large archive data into aips,  it seems that the task
FITLD have problems in reading it, the error messages are like follows.

1    8   21-MAY-2011  15:06:30     FITLD     GET3DT: SOURCE ID = ********
MAX ALLOWED =   5000
   1    4   21-MAY-2011  15:06:30     FITLD     UV table spanned time:
0/14:00:02 -  1/01:05:41
   1    4   21-MAY-2011  15:06:30     FITLD      8541201 vis. written

Are there some easy ways for solving this problem.?
 aips are installed with the binary method, I have checked the code of
FITLD.FOR, it seems this code might be where the problem from.
While I only interested with  one source in the data, should I installed the
aips again with text method or some easier ways for doing my job.
   Thanks very much!
Cheers
Zhongzu Wu