[daip] AIPS 31DEC10 SNPLT

Leonia Kogan lkogan at nrao.edu
Wed Mar 9 13:10:33 EST 2011

Yura,

I am very busy now with fixing some problems at Faraday rotation
synthesis software I designed in AIPS recently.
Right now I have a time window and want to ask you to do the following
test of the PC table plotting problem.

You wrote:

 > Dataset: BL149DB.
 > I did it two times.
 > Ones, I was using 31DEC09 to reduce my data.
 > Then, I used the most recent 31DEC10 to do the same.

Do you have both 31DEC09 and 31DEC10 available now?
If you do, Use the data reduced at 31DEC09 as input for SNPLT.
Run SNPLT at 31DEC09 and 31DEC10
and opposite:
Use the data reduced at 31DEC10 as input for SNPLT.
Run SNPLT at 31DEC09 and 31DEC10

Such a test will help to understand where is a problem: at the reduced
data or at SNPLT.
If you have a problem with such a test, then send us the tasaved data,
and we looked the problem here.

Leonia K