[daip] CCSEL crashed

Hans-Rainer Kloeckner hrk at astro.ox.ac.uk
Mon Mar 7 14:15:43 EST 2011

Hi Aips et al. and Hi Eric,

	I'm sorry to cause always problems with dimensions.

I'm running into the following problem.

CCSEL1: Task CCSEL  (release of 31DEC10) begins
CCSEL1: TOO MANY COMPONENTS FOR INTERNAL ARRAYS:  13001>   10000
CCSEL1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
CCSEL1: comp15       31DEC10 TST: Cpu=       0.0  Real=       0

Would it be possible to increase the array dimensions in the AIPS
source code please (maybe 50000 ?).  The reason of getting this huge
amount of CC components is that we clean on > 120 fields (for a single
pointing; 320 MHz GMRT). We are running AIPS on a cluster and using
ParselTongue so there is no easy way to get it changed at our side.

I hope this will not cause to much trouble and thank you in advance

Hans

Hans-Rainer Kloeckner
University of Oxford
Denys Wilkinson Building
Keble Road
Oxford OX1 3RH
United Kingdom
+44 (0)1865 273303
hrk at astro.ox.ac.uk
Max-Planck-Institut fuer Radioastronomie
Auf dem Huegel 69
53121 Bonn
Germany
+49 (0)228 525-481