[daip] APCAL problem

Amy Mioduszewski amiodusz at nrao.edu
Thu Mar 3 17:58:13 EST 2011

Ahhhh, I think I might know what the problem is.  In late 2009 FITLD had a bug
that made the Y coordinate negative when an antenna came in late.  Given KP is
antenna 10, I assume it came in late.  A negative Y coordinate would cause APCAL
to think that KP was pointing below the horizon and it would not find solution
for it.  Check this by looking in the AN table.  Since you probably got the
concatenated version of the data, for this version the data was read in and
written out of AIPS in late 2009, and the AN table was broken then.  The safest
way to fix this is to get the non-concatenated data (i.e.
VLBA_VSN005691_file37.uvfits etc) and load those in with FITLD.

Amy