[daip] Aips calibration seems to have changed

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Jun 23 10:35:37 EDT 2011

Julie Hlavacek-Larrondo wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> Thanks again for your insights. We've been trying a couple of things on
> our side to see what went wrong, and were wondering if any of the tasks
> in aips go and fetch something from the internet? We're looking to see
> if the updates we did on my computer last week before the incident might
> have changed some of the paths.

/home/primate/AIPS/31DEC11/RUN/VLBAUTIL.001
/home/primate/AIPS/31DEC11/RUN/VLAPROCS.001
/home/primate/AIPS/31DEC11/HELP/VLBAEOPS.HLP
/home/primate/AIPS/31DEC11/HELP/VLBATECR.HLP
/home/primate/AIPS/31DEC11/HELP/VLATECR.HLP
/home/primate/AIPS/31DEC11/APL/PGM/NOTST/VLANT.FOR

is the complete list of things that fetch files.  The scripts (RUN
files) fetch info from the web on the position of the north pole (EOP)
and the TECR scripts fetch info on the total electron count.  VLANT is
used to correct VLA and EVLA antenna positions and fetches a data file
for 2011 from the NRAO web site.  The files for previous years are
shipped with AIPS.

Eric Greisen

What updates did you do on your computer?