[daip] quick aips ?

Tanmoy Laskar tlaskar at cfa.harvard.edu
Wed Jun 22 13:05:10 EDT 2011

This doesn't seem to work. I made a bash script file called aipsrun.sh.
Here are the contents of that file:

#!/bin/sh
aips notv pr=1
5000
kleenex

I made that file executable. Then ran it from the shell:

./aipsrun.sh

It pulls up aips, asking for my user number, in interactive mode. This is
not what I want.

I tried putting everything on one line. It doesn't ask for my username and I
get the following output:
"START_AIPS: Your initial AIPS printer is the PS DUP,DEF LPGRAD
START_AIPS:  - system name lpgrad|HP, AIPS type LaserJet

START_AIPS: User data area assignments:
DADEVS.PL: This program is untested under Perl version 5.010
  (Using global default file /opt/aips/DA00/DADEVS.LIST for DADEVS.PL)
   Disk 1 (1) is /opt/aips/DATA/ARTEMIS_1

Tape assignments:
   Tape 1 is REMOTE
   Tape 2 is REMOTE

START_AIPS: Starting TPMON daemons on ARTEMIS asynchronously...
Usage: AIPSEXEC [REMOTE] [DEBUG] [LOCAL] [NOEX]
DADEVS.PL: This program is untested under Perl version 5.010"

I am then dropped back to the UNIX shell. Have I misinterpreted your email?

Thanks.
Tanmoy
PS: removing the #!/bin/sh from the start of the file does not change
anything.