[daip] APCAL error

Arnaud Collioud Arnaud.Collioud at obs.u-bordeaux1.fr
Tue Jun 7 17:23:19 EDT 2011

Dear Eric,

Sorry, I was not clear and complete enough in the description of my problem.

Subarrays are automatically determined by the task VLBAFIX with parameter SUBARRAY equal to 2 (it results in 5 subarrays = 5 AN tables).

I used the script antabfs.pl from Cormac Reynolds to produce file readable by the AIPS task ANTAB for the non-VLBA stations (I attach them to this email). Then I load them with ANTAB:

>inp
AIPS 1: ANTAB     Task to read amplitude calibration info. into AIPS
AIPS 1: Adverbs     Values                 Comments
AIPS 1: ----------------------------------------------------------------
AIPS 1: INNAME     'RDV84_X'               Input UV file name (name)
AIPS 1: INCLASS    'UV'                    Input UV file name (class)
AIPS 1: INSEQ         1                    Input UV file name (seq. #)
AIPS 1: INDISK        1                    Input UV file disk unit #
AIPS 1: CALIN      'TEMP:rdv84_reste_X.antabfs' Calibration file name.
AIPS 1: SUBARRAY      5                    Subarray (0=> 1)
AIPS 1:                                    Output table versions:
AIPS 1: TYVER         6                     TY table to update
AIPS 1: GCVER         6                     GC table to update
AIPS 1: BLVER        -1                     BL table to update
AIPS 1: SPARM      *all ' '                List of stations to ignore
AIPS 1: PRTLEV        0                    Print level (0=>none;
AIPS 1:                                    1=> echo cal. file)
AIPS 1: OFFSET     0                    Increase the scan length of
AIPS 1:                                    each side, minutes

>for i=1 to 5; subarray i; tyver i+1; gcver i+1; go antab; wait; end

This has to be done for the 3 attached antabfs files.
(NB: for the file rdv84_kbts_X.antabfs, the offset has to be set to 1000)

Once this is done, I want to create SN tables (one for each subarray) with APCAL:

>inp
AIPS 1: APCAL     Task to generate an amplitude calibration SN table
AIPS 1: Adverbs     Values                 Comments
AIPS 1: ----------------------------------------------------------------
AIPS 1: INNAME     'RDV84_X'               Input UV file name (name)
AIPS 1: INCLASS    'UV'                    Input UV file name (class)
AIPS 1: INSEQ         1                    Input UV file name (seq. #)
AIPS 1: INDISK        1                    Input UV file disk unit #
AIPS 1:
AIPS 1: ANTENNAS   *all 0                  Antennas to calibrate
AIPS 1: SUBARRAY      5                    Subarray 0 -> 1
AIPS 1: STOKES     ' '                     Stokes type ('R','L',' ')
AIPS 1: BIF           1                    Start IF number
AIPS 1: EIF           4                    End IF number
AIPS 1: FREQID       -1                    Freq. ID to calibrate
AIPS 1: SOURCES    *all ' '                Sources to calibrate
AIPS 1: TIMERANG   *all 0                  Time range to calibrate
AIPS 1:
AIPS 1: TYVER         6                    TY table version number.
AIPS 1: GCVER         6                    GC table version number.
AIPS 1: SNVER         5                    Output SN table version.
AIPS 1:                                      0 -> highest unique
AIPS 1: OPCODE     ' '                     Opacity correction opcode:
AIPS 1:                                    '    ' -> no opacity corr.
AIPS 1:                                    'GRID','GRDR','OPAC','OPCR',
AIPS 1:                                      'LESQ' -> fit for opacity
AIPS 1: APARM      *all 0                  Calibration parameters:
AIPS 1:                                    (1) -> B factor (def. 1.0)
AIPS 1:                                    Opacity parameters:
AIPS 1:                                    (2) -> ZA limit (deg)
AIPS 1:                                    (3) >=0  use spillover
AIPS 1:                                             correction
AIPS 1:                                    (4) > 0  use all FQ in
AIPS 1:                                             opac. soln.
AIPS 1:                                    (5) Limit to sec(z) plotted
AIPS 1: SOLINT        0.5                  Solution interval (min)
AIPS 1:                                       0 -> use all data
AIPS 1: INVERS        0                    WX table version number.
AIPS 1:                                       0 -> use text file
AIPS 1: CALIN      *all ' '                Text file with weather info.
AIPS 1:                                       Must be ' ' if using WX
AIPS 1:                                       table (INVERS).
AIPS 1: TRECVR     *all 0                    Receiver temperatures (K);
AIPS 1:                                       in (R,L) pairs.
AIPS 1: TAU0       *all 0                  Zenith opacities (per ant.)
AIPS 1: DOFIT      *all 0                  Fit type (per ant.)
AIPS 1:                                      -1 -> no opacity correction
AIPS 1:                                       0 -> apply TRECVR only
AIPS 1:                                       1 -> solve for Trec using
AIPS 1:                                            fitting method spec.
AIPS 1:                                            in OPCODE; then apply
AIPS 1: PRTLEV        0                    Print level
AIPS 1: DOTV          1                    TV selection (<0 -> PL file)
AIPS 1: LTYPE         3                    Plot labeling
AIPS 1: GRCHAN        0                    TV Graphics channel to use

>for i=1 to 5; subarray i; tyver i+1; gcver i+1; snver i; go apcal; wait; end

Then occurs the problem.

I also remarked that the antenna 6 (Kk) seems not to be loaded into GC tables after ANTAB (I saw that with TBOUT or PRTAB), even if there is no error message during the ANTAB task...

I hope this is clearer now.
Thanks,
Arnaud