[daip] VPLOT NMAPS

Hans-Rainer Kloeckner hrk at astro.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jul 28 07:55:47 EDT 2011

Hi Eric et al.

	I try to plot my model and the visibilities in VPLOT and it seems that there is a restriction I do not understand.

VPLOT will stop accepting fluxes from CC components once I will include images (66,67,68,69) that are far off the phase centre (please have a look at the attached image; the sup-images do all have the same number of CC tables). Just to clarify I used setfc to determine the facset.

Including the first 65 images
FACSET: 10.716795 Jy found from 24 components

Now including the first 66 images
FACSET: 0.000000 Jy found from 0 components

I also got a message from FLATN saying that:
         FLATN1: Field 66 not included in output - outside image
         FLATN1: Field 67 not included in output - outside image
         FLATN1: Field 68 not included in output - outside image
         FLATN1: Field 69 not included in output - outside image

It seems that there is a procedure doing a to restricted job in checking if an image is within a certain range of the phase centre of the UV data.

Maybe this is also related why I get sharp cuts at the borders.

I'm not sure if this is a bug. Could you please provide me with some insight.

cheers,

Hans

Hans-Rainer Kloeckner
University of Oxford
Denys Wilkinson Building
Keble Road
Oxford OX1 3RH
United Kingdom
+44 (0)1865 273303
hrk at astro.ox.ac.uk
Max-Planck-Institut fuer Radioastronomie
Auf dem Huegel 69
53121 Bonn
Germany
+49 (0)228 525-481