[daip] Quick question re data weights

Shami Chatterjee shami at astro.cornell.edu
Mon Jan 31 10:42:14 EST 2011

Hi, just a quick question:

I'm trying to calibrate test data acquired with the MWA, and it
includes no calibration information (obviously), so I'm going to have
to fringe fit and/or self-cal on the bright source in the field
center. Before I do that, I thought it would be useful to run a
bandpass correction, since possm shows large phase slopes and freakish
bandpass shapes.

For bpass I'm using bpassprm(5)=0 (normalize by inner 75%) and no
source model, and it fails with errors of this form:

   BPASS1: Dividing the spectral data by channel 0
   BPASS1: SINGULAR MATRIX ON   1 -   2 IF =  1 WILL ZERO
   BPASS1: SINGULAR MATRIX ON   1 -   3 IF =  1 WILL ZERO
<etc etc>
   and once everything is zeroed, it dies.

I suspect this may be an issue with the data weights not set correctly
or not recognizable in aips.   What is the simplest way for me to
manipulate the data weights? (i.e., I want them all forced equal to 1,
or something similar.)

Or if you had any other suggestions, I'd be happy to try those too.
Thanks very much!
Shami