[daip] SOUFIL: ALL SOURCES REJECTED BY SELECTION CRITERIA error

Wasim Raja wasimraja81 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 18:51:26 EST 2011

Dear Eric
  Following is the result of running PRTAB with INEXT = SU on
  a multi-format UV-data file containing a single source.
  [In case the text appears jumbled on the mail-page, I have
   also attached a text file that should be easy to view.]

  UVPLT fails for all apparently valid combinations of the following
  relevant parameters after it had been set to:

task 'UVPLT'
default UVPLT
getn 1 (relevant multi format file)
dotv 1

Now the following parameters are fiddled around with, and the result of
the UVPLT run is indicated in the success/failure column:
        PAR               Values tried sequentially
Success/Failure
   1) QUAL
-1/1                                              Failed
   2) CALCODE                '
'                                                 Failed
   3) FREQID
-1/1                                              Failed
   4) Sources                   '3C345'
'                                       Failed
       Sources                   '
'                                                 Succeeded
It is true that the source's Flux density in the SU table are all 0. But the

data being gain-calibrated at earlier stages of the processing, the flux
density scales in the "successful" UVPLT run (ie., with sources = ' ' )
comes out correct. Only when the source-name is specified, there appears
the problem -- " SOUFIL: ALL SOURCES REJECTED BY SELECTION CRITERIA"
Can some trailing SPACE-charatcers in the source-name cause this problem?

regards
 --wasim

>go prtab
 localhos  PRTAB(31DEC10)   2234     26-JAN-2011  04:58:06    Page    1
3C34582     .UV    .   1  Disk= 3    SU Table version   1
Title: AIPS SU
Created by      FITLD on 26-JAN-2011 04:52:48
Last written by FITLD on 26-JAN-2011 04:52:48
Ncol  19  Nrow       1    Sort cols:
    Table has     4 keyword-value pairs:
   NO_IF    =            1
   VELTYP   =  TOPOCENT
   VELDEF   =  RADIO
   FREQID   =           -1
   Table can be written as a FITS ASCII table

COL. NO.     1        2      3      4         5          6
7          8            9            10            11
     ROW  ID. NO.  SOURCE  QUAL  CALCODE  IFLUX      QFLUX      UFLUX
VFLUX      FREQOFF       BANDWIDTH     RAEPO
  NUMBER                                  JY         JY         JY
JY         HZ            HZ            DEGREES
       1     1     3c345     1            0.000E+00  0.000E+00  0.000E+00
0.000E+00  0.000000E+00  6.510416E+04  2.507450E+02
Type Q to stop, just hit RETURN to
continue

 localhos  PRTAB(31DEC10)   2234     26-JAN-2011  04:58:10    Page    2
COL. NO.        12             13             14             15
16             17             18             19
     ROW   DECEPO         EPOCH          RAAPP          DECAPP
LSRVEL         RESTFREQ       PMRA           PMDEC
  NUMBER   DEGREES        YEARS          DEGREES        DEGREES
M/SEC          HZ             DEG/DAY        DEG/DAY
       1   3.981027E+01   2.000000E+03   2.508244E+02   3.979371E+01
0.000000E+00   0.000000E+00   0.000000E+00   0.000000E+00
AIPS 1: Resumes

--
Research Fellow (A&A)
Raman Research Institute