[daip] aips problem

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Jan 18 11:58:52 EST 2011

bcotton at nrao.edu wrote:
> Eric,
>
>    It's been a while since I did much with this but my guess is that
> you have two objects with the same name; NAME as passed to OBDSKC.
> This is used as a key in the c structure with the information and if
> somehow you ended up with multiple entries with the same name, you'd
> get the first (or last?) one it found.

The one with the high seq number should not have been in the task in any
way.  It is true that the 12 char name and 6 char class are the same as
the output one, but not the seq number.

On another point:

BDFIn appears to be filling in 16 characters of task name in the table
headers - AIPS can tolerate 12 actually but buffer(42) is NREC - the
number of records to expand the file.  When it says 538976288 = '    '
(??) it takes a very long time to do the expansion!  I guess I had
better make TABINI smarter although that means relinking all of AIPS.

Eric