[daip] New Ticket - [!JOV-319477]: SPECR bug?

Adrienne Stilp do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Fri Jan 14 19:26:20 EST 2011

New Ticket: SPECR bug?

Hi,

I've encountered what appears to be a bug in the AIPS task SPECR. As a warning, I'm running 31DEC08 because we've decided to use a frozen version of AIPS for all the data reduction for our large program (VLA-ANGST/AO215). I'm not sure about the behavoir of later versions, but I didn't find anything on Google.

In any case, I've found that SPECR ignores the OUTSEQ number when copying tables from the input file to the output file. As usual it creates a new file and (presumably) copies the data. However, when it copies the tables, it appends them to the first file with the same name and class, no matter what sequence number that file has. This is rather unfortunate, and while it can be worked around by creating files with unique names, it's not the best solution.

Thanks,
Adrienne

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: JOV-319477