[daip] aips installation on mac OS 10.6

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Jan 13 11:11:44 EST 2011

Kazi Rygl wrote:
> Dear Eric,
>
> I found a way to use the binary install and AIPS was installed :)
> There is still a smaller problem, such the TVSERVER not popping up
> (MESSAGE and TEKSERVERS do!).
> On the FAQ page there are several issues that address the missing
> TVSERVER, but non is like my error message. I paste the whole message of
> how AIPS starts below:
> Something seem to wrong in the UNIXSERVERS file where XAS should be
> executed. In the directory the program looks, the
> $LOAD, /Users/kazi/aips/31DEC11/MACINT/LOAD,  only empty XAS files are
> created in my case. Would you know how, or should I just remove the
> whole aips directory and start the binary install from scratch?

Try the following first

cd $AIPS_ROOT
source LOGIN.CSH     (or . LOGIN.SH for bash)
$CDTST
cd $LOAD
rm XAS*

Then

cd
./do_daily.localhost

This will run the "MNJ" and that should update the XAS versions in your
$LOAD area.  The failed compilation left failed remnants of XAS behind
which seem to have confused rsync.

ERic Greisen