[daip] FRING abort, 31DEC10

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Jan 7 15:44:19 EST 2011

Dieter Engels wrote:
> Dear Eric, we split the dataset to one time slot of about 6 minutes
> of the calibrator J0121. Running FRING we get approximately the same
> error messages.
>
> The dataset J0121+1149.SPLIT and the messages FRING_error.log is on
> ftp://ftp.hs.uni-hamburg.de/pub/outgoing/engels/fring_problem/

I have fetched the data set and tested things.

FRING asks for pseudo-AP memory and is not granted all that it requested
for your problem.  It needs 140000 kilowords and the default is 135000
kilowords.  The aips verb SETMAXAP may be used to allow your pseudo-AP
to be bigger.  Try SETMAXAP 756 <CR> and then run FRING.  I will add
better tests in FRING to have it quit if it cannot get what is requested.

Thanks,