[daip] problem with message server

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Feb 25 20:04:17 EST 2011

Patrick Palmer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The way the message server used to work is that if I right clicked in
> the window, I could turn on a scroll bar.  Two things have happened last
> week:  I installed an updated Ubuntu (version 11. ), and I installed
> 31DEC2011 AIPS.  Now I can no longer turn on a scrollbar.
>
> I am sure there must be a way, but I need to know where the Message
> server gets it options.  Maybe I have to turn it on there?  Or maybe I need
>
> Pat

My .Xdefaults file contains the following along with lots and lots of
other things.  These should get you a big memory and a scroll bar with
no action on your part.  The clicking does depend on OS versions...

! Message Server
AIPSmsg*background: maroon
AIPSmsg*foreground: bisque
AIPSmsg.vt100.geometry: 81x24-153-0