[daip] problem with 31DEC10 aips and WSRT dataset ?

Neeraj Gupta nrjgupta at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 16:16:15 EST 2011

Hi Eric,

   Thanks a lot.  I agree that the issue here is the imaging geometry.  I
tried
both the solutions suggested by you:

1)  I used REGRD to change the image geometry from SIN to NCP.
But this did not change anything.

2)  I used UVFIX on the uvdata set.  Just to see if it is 'really' doing
something
I put SHIFT 1 1 i.e. a nominal shift of 1" in RA and DEC but leaving all the

other options in UVFXPRM as default.  I 'd think that the new u,v,w should
be in SIN.  But the image from this dataset is same as before i.e. the shift

wrt FIRST catalog persists.

cheers,
Neeraj