[daip] LISTR problem

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Dec 30 19:09:47 EST 2011

White, Stephen M Civ USAF AFMC AFRL/RVBXS wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> I am running into a problem listing SN tables with LISTR due to the way
> it now apparently starts by looking at an antenna table. I am using AIPS
> with 84-antenna Nobeyama Radioheliograph data, and the files have an
> antenna table that Tim Bastian set up years ago, that can be read and
> listed fine by PRTAN. CALIB works and I can see the gains with PRTAB or
> plot them with SNPLT, but LISTR with OPTY 'GAIN' (at least for 31DEC11
> and 31DEC12, not in much earlier versions) gives me the error message
> "ANREFM: NO ANTENNA OR ARRAY RECOGNIZED" and gives no output.
>
> Is there a simple way to turn off the comparison with the antenna file
> described in the LISTR explanation?

The error you cite comes from a low level reformatting routine and will
not cause LISTR to quit or give no output.  Are there other messages?
Have you checked all adverbs?  LISTR sometimes pays attention to some
that on the face of it should not matter to particular operations - such
as SOURCE and others.

If not, is it possible for you to make a piece of these data available
to me for testing.  I note the .mil so it may be an issue...