[daip] question

Farhad Zadeh zadeh at northwestern.edu
Wed Dec 14 11:54:04 EST 2011

Hi Eric, Hope all is well. We are struggling to get an image that can
compress one axis. For example, if you have a 2d image in lb and you want
to compress (average the flux) in the b axis so that you get a slice cut
in ldimesnion  but averaging  the flux in b. Can aips do this? More
importantly, we
are trying to get slice along longitude but averaged over certain
latitudes in 2d and 3d cubes. We use Karma that does a good job of making
LV diagram in 3d images but does it only good for only one pixel. Any
suggestions would be  appreciated.
Cheers,
Farhad