[daip] [#JXN-414470]: FLOPM

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Aug 17 13:38:16 EDT 2011

Lynn D. Matthews wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Aug 2011, Eric Greisen wrote:
>

>> Did the VLA error apply only to some time range and not all times?
>
> Yes. There's bright Galactic HI in one piece of the band, so the start
> and end of the effect were very apparent when I ran SPFLG.
>
> By the way, is the cause/ubiquity of this effet known? Via google, I
> learned yesterday that this is known post-MODCOMP problem that can be
> fixed with FLOPM, but not much else. I'm worried I could have had other
> affected data sets and missed this.
>
> Lynn
>

>> The table copying copies from 15 minutes before the start time to 15
>> minutes after the stop time.  Given that TIMERANG in this task does
>> not have the usual meaning, it really should copy all times and I am
>> fixing 31DEC11 to do that.  Also it should copy at least CL table 1
>> which it currently does not do - instead it makes a CL file filled
>> with (1,0)'s which will not have the atmosphere and other gains and
>> phases put in by FILLM and INDXR.
>>
>> ERic

I am trying to find people who might know (a) the date range of the
problem, (b) the exact nature of it, and (c) whether the archive was
fixed for it.  They are not in their offices.

I am quite certain that it was present at all times, not turning on and
off, but perhaps only at some bands and not others.

ERic Greisen