[daip] SOLINT in CALIB

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Sat Aug 13 19:17:10 EDT 2011

Laura Chomiuk wrote:
> Hi Eric,
> 	Recently, when I've been loading evla data into AIPS, there are
> gaps of 1--2 sec between scans (this is an issue with the CBE, i think?).
> Of course, I'm using short (60s) scans, as imposed upon us by CASA, so
> that means that if i spend 10 min on source, i have 10 scans across that
> time on source. Even after splitting, that time is still considered as 10
> different scans by AIPS.
> 	This has the slightly annoying side effect of forcing me to use <=
> 1 min solution intervals if i'd like to self calibrate my data. I'd really
> like to do a last A&P self cal run with 10m SOLINT, but i don't think this
> is possible as things currently stand.
> 	Any thoughts? on either tricking AIPS to combine scans or tricking
> CALIB to cross scan boundaries?
> 		Thanks!
> 			Laura

I have fixed the handling of index tables (NX) to keep the scan
structure (if we know it to start with which BDF2AIPS but not CASA
uvfits allows) since it is informative (e.g. jumps of phase or amp on
scan boundaries etc. and one wants a CL table structure that will track
that).   But, in the single-source self-cal stage, one would like better
scan structures.

So - EXTDEST the NX table and run INDXR with defaults.  It should make a
scan structure more to your liking at this stage (LISTR will show it).

ERic