[daip] aips polarization cal

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Aug 5 17:10:00 EDT 2011

bob at physics.ucdavis.edu wrote:
>> I have tried PCAL in ways like you are supposedly doing and cannot make
>> it do what it does for you.  Please run UVCOP to separate out only the
>> 3C84 data and the make a FITS file of it somewhere that I can read.
>>
>> ERic Greisen
>>
> thank you for all this effort
>
> you should be able to get it from
> http://adg.llnl.gov/jms/bob
>
> bob

Why don't you set DOMODEL=-1; CALSOUR = ' '' ;CALCODE = '*'
and let PCAL solve for the Q and U of all your calibrators.
This should work better than a single source albeit strong and long.

I do not understand why the SOLINT= 1/6 of a scan makes such a
difference but I suppose it sneaks a tiny parallactic angle change into
the data.  Use all the cals should help that.

Note that 3C138 is a rather good RLDIF calibration source.