[daip] VLBAEOPS version TST spoils phases

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Aug 4 23:29:42 EDT 2011

On 8/4/2011 9:26 AM, Eduardo Ros wrote:
> Dear Eric,
>
> In the last days I was analyzing old archival data, and some weeks
> earlier my own data from CTA102 and I noticed that the TST version of
> VLBAEOPS spoiled the phases (to be seen in POSSM after running it).
> This does not happen in the NEW and OLD versions of aips in the MPIfR
> installation.
>
> Maybe you want to have a look to it.  If needed I can send you some
> plots with the NEW and the TST versions.

I have looked at the CL table that emerges and at the code and talked
with the
original author.  We have changed the sign of By in the computation and
that
made a real change in the phases that varies systematically with time.
That change will arrive
in the morning.

We will do more tests here too.

Eric Greisen

This does not explain your observation of a difference between OLD, NEW
and TST.  Our OLD and TST
were unchanged when we did the test this evening and there was no
difference.  NEW was already corrected
(here not Bonn) and showed the difference I report above.  I still need
answers to the questions I sent.

EG