[daip] New Ticket - [!CCO-831626]: CVEL and DBCON

John Michael Cannon do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Tue Apr 26 14:18:22 EDT 2011

New Ticket: CVEL and DBCON

Hello,

AC990 (10B-187) has HI spectral line datasets in both C and B configurations.  I am writing to make sure that I have the most up-to-date recommendations for combining these datasets in AIPS.

While in Socorro earlier this spring, I recall discussion of NOT using CVEL if the channel widths are comparable to the widths of spectral lines; this is borne out in the most recent AIPS Cookbook Appendix E (revised April 19, 2011).  For AC990, the line widths are all ~15 km/sec or larger; the velocity resolution is 0.86 km/s/ch.  I thus believe that these datasets are OK to use the "standard" approach of CVEL to a common frequency/channel definition (i.e., shifting one dataset to the frequency/channel definition of the other), followed by DBCON to combine to a single UV database.

Any recommendations or updates you can provide would be most appreciated.

Best wishes,
John

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: CCO-831626