[daip] aips help ...

Dharam Vir Lal dlal at head.cfa.harvard.edu
Wed Apr 6 18:14:58 EDT 2011

Dear Eric,

I have a few (X-ray/Chandra) FITS images (say 4) and I have loaded them in
to AIPS using IMLOD.  I have named them in SEQuence with identical map
names (1.IMAP.1, 1.IMAP.2, 1.IMAP.3 and 1.IMAP.4) and I want to use AIPS
task FLATN to stitch these images.  Since, there is obviously no
"frequency axis", the FLATN task dies with an error "FREQ AXIS FOR PRIMARY
BEAM CORRECTION" and gives an output image-file with just the first image.

Any suggestion, how I can get around this problem?  Basically, I want to
stitch a few FITS images using AIPS task FLATN.

Kind regards, Dharam.