[daip] AIPS private version task does not work

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Apr 6 00:15:52 EDT 2011

On 4/5/2011 9:25 PM, Juan-Carlos Algaba-Marcos wrote:
> Dear Eric,
>
> The output for ldd seems to be the same for several tasks I have tried. Also, just do
> double-check I have compared the files in the computer with the files that do work on
> other machines and seems to be no difference.
>
> One possibility that comes to my mind is - If I rename the task (let's say, RMNWEW, for
> example, so that I still have the common RM version available for other users), should I
> also change the headers on HLP and FOR, or some other bits of code? I don't think it
> makes any difference, but maybe it's worth checking (and so far there's no other idea
> that comes into my mind)

It is a good idea to change several statements in the fortran - there
is a data statement that gives the task name.  This must be changed to
the new task name.  Note that task names may only be 5 characters
in AIPS.  It is a good idea to also change the PROGRAM statement in the
Fortran.

ERic Greisen