[daip] catalog error

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Apr 1 16:21:34 EDT 2011

Lawrence Rudnick wrote:
> On one of my user numbers I get following error trying to write to any
> disk, local or mounted, whether from within the user number (e.g.,
> output of SUBIM) or from outside the user number (with MOVE).
> Obviously, something's trashed with one of my catalog files (disk 1?).
> How do I recover?

The safest thing to try would be a stand-alone program outside AIPS

RUN RECAT

and answer the questions.  Perhaps you should move the CAD000000.uuu\;
file out of the way since RECAT wants to make a new one (uuu is the user
# in extended hex).  RECAT looks for all header files (CBD*.uuu\;) and
creates a new CA file from them.