[daip] Problem compiling the XAS

Rubén López Coto rlopez at iaa.es
Fri Sep 24 06:23:33 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have a problem in the aips compilation process and I hope you'll be
able to help me. I'm trying to install the 31DEC10 version on a 2.2
GHz Core 2 Mac Laptop. The point is that I arrive till the page number
10 and there I have to change the path of the compilers because the
default stands as the icc. I use g77 for the fortran files and gcc for
the c++ compilation. Then I keep on with the installation and
everything seems to be fine till the program tries to compile the XAS
files. Then, I receive the following message:

AipsWiz:  =====> Make the XAS TV Server from source if needed...
AipsWiz: About to unpack the XAS.SHR archive.
AipsWiz: Done.
AipsWiz: About to try to make XAS...

rm -f *.o xas XAS
/usr/bin/gcc -I/usr/X11R6/include -D_BSD -DUSE_SHM -O2 -axP -c xas.c
cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-axP"
make: *** [xas.o] Error 1
AipsWiz: Error: Failed to build the XAS program.
AipsWiz: Error: This means no AIPS TV will be available.

And nothing works after that. I've tried to compile it with other
compilers (c++, cpp, g++) and it's always the same. I don't know where
can I disable the option "-axP", the one that seems to give all the
problems, or even if like this it'll work.

I hope you could help me with this problem.
Thank you in advance,

Rubén

Rubén López Coto
Instituto de Astrofísica de Andalucía
Glorieta de la Astronomía s/n 18008, Granada, Spain
Tel: 958 230 613
Fax: 958 814 530
E-mail: rlopez at iaa.es