[daip] A problem in CLCOR

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Sep 13 11:41:02 EDT 2010

Cheng-Yu Kuo wrote:
>             To whom it may concern:
>
>         My name is Cheng-Yu Kuo, a UVa graduate student. I may find a
> problem in the AIPS task CLCOR
> when I applied the troposheric and clock delay calibrations to my VLBI
> data. When I applied the solutions
> using the "old" version of AIPS, the CL table after the correction just
> look weird (see the attached figure
> CLCOR_OLD.png) while the CL table after the correction with the new
> version of AIPS looks ok (
> see CLCOR_NEW.png). Is there any problem with the old version AIPS ?

You did not define "new" and "old" as to the actual aips version so it
is a bit hard to answer.  The 31DEC10 version has a bug fix which is
quite relevant if your vlbi data has only 1 polarization.  It looks like
the "old" has not applied a correction for the first times and then
applied too large a correction for the later times.

We recommend that users use a recent version of aips.  For EVLA data
that version must be 31DEC10 but for all data recent is better.