[daip] AIPS installation on a cluster

Ramana Athreya rathreya at iiserpune.ac.in
Mon Sep 6 04:10:59 EDT 2010

I would like to install AIPS on a 26 node (18 GB RAM each) cluster at
my institute here. Its specs are
1. OS - RHEL 5.4
2. compilers gcc/gfortran 4.1.2   and icc/ifort 11.1

I read on your webpage that gcc 4.1.2 is a problem compiler for AIPS.
Please indicate which compilers have been known to work with RHEL 5.4
for a source installation. Do you know of anyone who has used
icc/ifort 11.1 successfully?

I would appreciate any other suggestions/known problems (and fixes if
available) not already listed on your webpage.

--
Ramana Athreya
Associate Professor