[daip] Fwd: S2053A and S2053C data

Amy Mioduszewski amiodusz at nrao.edu
Fri Sep 3 12:12:32 EDT 2010

Hi Svetlana,

Paul Dyer downloaded your data and we looked at it and unfortunately cannot
reproduce your problem (i.e., for S2053A, OJ287 is still there and looks fine
after running VLBACALA).  Your APCAL output does look odd, but I suspect that is
because you didn't set DOFIT=1,0 rather than DOFIT 1 (which fills all the values
in as 1).  DOFIT tells APCAL which antennas to fit and by setting DOFIT 1, 0 you
are telling it to fit only the first antenna (BR).  But that does not solve your
problem, because even when we ran VLBACALA with DOFIT 1,0 your sources were
still there.  We also tried version 21DEC09 and got the same result.

So I now have a couple questions for you: How do you know the data is gone?  Did
you do binary install or did you compile AIPS yourself?  Also since this sounds
like a table issue and not a data issue could you do a TASAV and write out that
  file and put it somewhere I can download it (make sure the CL table that you
produced that made the data go away is there).

Thanks,

Amy