[daip] New Ticket - [!OLV-432451]: (AIPS) PCAT stops at 32000

James Miller-Jones do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Fri Sep 3 04:26:08 EDT 2010

New Ticket: (AIPS) PCAT stops at 32000

I was working on some low-frequency data, requiring facetted imaging in multiple configurations.  Following several iterations of self-calibration, I ended up with a very large number of files on the relevant AIPS disk and user number.  I noticed that although I know there are more than 32000 files in the catalog (in the last run of facetted imaging I had 451 facets, so know how many files there should be), only the first 32000 appear to be listed by PCAT/UCAT/MCAT or similar.

I was wondering whether this is an inbuilt limitation of FORTRAN/AIPS, or whether there are some simple parameters that can be tweaked so that more than 32000 files can be listed (NB I am making use of the SLOT parameter so I do not have to scroll through the first 31999 before getting to the file I am interested in!).

Thanks in advance for your help,

James

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: OLV-432451