[daip] Mystery abort in FRING

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Sun Oct 3 16:15:08 EDT 2010

Laura Chomiuk wrote:
> Ok, here is th info on that other data set:
>
> saved on disk 1, where disk 1 is "Exabyte 8500 (dual density) on ZAURAK"
> catalog #19 (PS1-TDE1.UVEVLA)
> stil aips number 2621.
>
> here i was trying to run FRING on 3c286.

Problem solved sort of

obit is causing the permissions problem which I got around by copying
your data with cp.  AIPS forces -rw-rw-r-- on eveything I guess obit
does not.

FRING needs to be guided about the integration time (DPARM(4)).  The
data out of obit must interpret the times correctly rather than doing
something to regularize them - which I suspect casa is doing.  So FRING
found an integration time of a very small fraction of a second and so
wanted millions of times in your 1 minute of data.

I will update the CookBook chapter on this.

BTW - I have a spare page for a picture in that chapter.  Do you know of
any cool EVLA ones?

Eric