[daip] Bad LRNO error in AIPS

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri May 21 15:50:05 EDT 2010

Elise Larson wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm an undergraduate working for Eric Wilcots at UW-Madison, and I have
> run into exactly the problem described in this posted correspondence
> that you responded to:
>
> http://listmgr.cv.nrao.edu/pipermail/daip/2008-January/012399.html
>
> Unfortunately, I can't glean from your response how to actually solve
> the problem.  Do you know of any solutions?  Eric and I were unable to
> come up with anything.
>
> Thanks for your time,
> Elise Larson
What version of AIPS are you running?  Is it up to date.  The referenced
error arose due to slight mishandling of times which caused it to try to
read past the available NX table data.  There have been a bunch of fixes
made in the time handling - this particular bug was fixed in July 2008.

I suggest that you install a 31DEC10 version of AIPS and keep it up to date.