[daip] A question about UVPLT

Cheng-Yu Kuo ck2v at virginia.edu
Mon Mar 15 11:55:03 EDT 2010

             To whom it may concern:

          My name is Chengyu Kuo, a graduate student at University of
Virginia. I have a question about UVPLT.  I am trying to use UVPLT to plot
the visibility amplitude as a function of UV distance at a certain
parallactic angle. My model UV data only has a symmetric Gaussian point
source at the center, and the UVPLT (with bparm(1)=17 and rotate=45) should
only show a simplgaussian distribution. However, no matter what P.A. I
chose, it always looks a lot more complicated than a Gaussian
(see the attached figure). On the other hand, if I use bparm=0, then
everything just looks fine. Could anyone help check what the problem is ?
Thank you !

regards
chengyu