[daip] AIPS help - loading data files with fillm

Joanna Skilton J.L.Skilton03 at leeds.ac.uk
Tue Mar 9 09:07:21 EST 2010

Hi

I have just installed AIPS on my new computer (Linux 64bit)
The installation was fine and I can start AIPS no problem.
However, when I try to load data, I get this error:

linast> FILLM1: Task FILLM  (release of 31DEC10) begins
linast> FILLM1: ******************************************************
linast> FILLM1: **   Times written by FILLM are now centered in     **
linast> FILLM1: **   the integration, before they were at the end   **
linast> FILLM1: ******************************************************
linast> FILLM1: Shadow flag limit =  2.500E+01 meters.
linast> FILLM1: Opacity correction in CL table weighted average of weather and
linast> FILLM1:    season.  Weight for weather = 0.50
linast> FILLM1: Gain curve correction in CL table read from file,
linast> FILLM1:    with variation as function of antenna and band.
linast> FILLM1: ZTPOPN: UNABLE TO TRANSLATE LOGICAL NAME AMT01
linast> FILLM1: ZTPOPN: DID YOU FORGET TO DO A MOUNT?
linast> FILLM1: TAPIO: ERROR   1 OPENING FILE
linast> FILLM1: Error      8 opening VLA archive data tape.
linast> FILLM1: FLMUV: FLMDAT error  8
linast> FILLM1: Read         0 visibilities from  0 files
linast> FILLM1: Appears to have ended successfully
linast> FILLM1: linast25     31DEC10 TST: Cpu=       0.0  Real=       0

I have used AIPS a lot on my old computer and never had such a problem.
Can you please advise me what I need to do to fix this?

I am using the following commands:

task 'fillm'
infile 'MYAREA:AS971_C090220.xp
nfiles 0