[daip] probable bug in 31DEC09 and 31DEC10

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Mar 2 15:35:09 EST 2010

Cristina Romero Cañizales wrote:
> Dear Eric,
>
> I'm working with some VLBI data which reads well in 31DEC07 and 31DEC08.
> In 31DEC09 and 31DEC10 I get the following warning
>
> FITLD1: WARNING: found a reference date ***** days before DATE-OBS
>
> I don't know which consequences this can have.
>
> Another thing: I tried to download the install.pl file for 31DEC08 but
> it doesn't have the proper rights:
>
> -rw-------   1 aipssrc  aipspgmr   139468 Nov 30 17:15 install.pl
>
> for which I get:
>
> ftp> get install.pl
> 200 PORT command successful
> 550 install.pl: Operation not permitted
>
> Would you please forward this message to the right person in case you
> cannot help me? Thanks in advance.

We only make available 2 versions for installation - now 31DEC09 and
31DEC10.  I note that the piece of code that produces this message
occurs in 31DEC08 FITLD so I am surprised that one does not see it in
that version.  The format is obviously bad but it suggests that one of
the tables in the file has a reference date (required with each table)
more then 999 days earlier than the main reference date.

Is this a VLBA data set which I could fetch from the archive to test?