[daip] Confusion with TVFLG

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Jun 2 10:46:20 EDT 2010

Gary, Dale wrote:
> I am not sure if this is the right place to ask a question like this, but I am having problems with TVFLG and applying FG extensions.  I have a UV database that may be multi-source (it is actually a single source, but on running FITLD it is named MULTI.SPLIT).  I use TVFLG to manually flag some times, baselines, etc., and indeed there is an FG extension added, and when I enter it back into TVFLG it can read that extension and show the correct blanked areas.  However, I think want to create a continuum file by running AVSPC.  That works, but does not apply the FG table.  I do specify FLAGVER 0, and on running, it does say UVGET: Using flag table version 1 to edit data.  I also tried UVAVG, and that also does not apply the table.  I then tried running SPLIT on the original file to create a single source data file, but I have exactly the same result.  I must be missing a key step.  How do I get the averaging routines (AVSPC and UVAVG) to honor the flagging?
>
> Thanks,
> Dale

We prefer daip at nrao.edu because I sometimes go on vacation.

There must be something wrong with the flags created by TVFLG.  Try
PRTAB with INEXT 'FG' and DOCRT=1.  This will show you the full flagging
information.  The most likely explanation is that you are not flagging
all the spectral channels or IFs.  You can use TABPUT (verb) to fix this
channel range 0 0 is all channels.