[daip] problem with FiTS file

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Jul 30 16:19:29 EDT 2010

Lawrence Rudnick wrote:
> Eric -  any ideas what to do with this?  Old Cyg A map from Carilli et
> al that I need to reprocess, but I keep getting the ZFIO:OPER=READ
> LUN=16  NREC=6, ZF12: REQUEST FOR BYTES 5121 THRU 6144 BEYOND EOF=5120
> when I try to subim or do anything else except FITTP which works, but
> then FITLD dies with same error as above.
>
> Any simple workarounds?  Many thanks.  Larry

I am confused by your question.  If you have a FITS file on disk for an
image the only task you can use on it is IMLOD or FITLD.  The FITS
header you sent indicates an image of 512x256 x 4bytes or a file more
than 524288 bytes (well more with overhead and the FITS header including
history).  The error message above comes from where?  I do not think
that IMLOD or FITLD use ZFIO to read the FITS file and later programs
once the data are loaded will read the image data with ZMIO.  It is
possible that the FITS file contains some old format extension file that
the latest versions of the code do not understand.

Really you need to give me a lot more information for me to be able to
help you.  The header of the file produced by IMLOD would be a start.
Then go look in the data area where the file ended up and do an ls -l on
all data files associated with that slot number

        ls -l  ??Dsss*.uuu\;

where sss is the slot number in extended hex and uuu is the user number
in extended hex.  The send me the full output from SUBIM or whatever.