[daip] Error in FITLD

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Jul 28 10:43:04 EDT 2010

Poonam.Chandra at rmc.ca wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Today I downloaded my data in AIPS friendly format (file name
> AC968_sb1701678_1.55404.012678506944_1.uvfits). While running FITLD on
> it, it gave the error
> which says:
> LOCALH> FITLD1: Task FITLD  (release of 31DEC10) begins
> LOCALH> FITLD1: Found MULTI    observed on 27-JUL-2010
> LOCALH> FITLD1: Create MULTI       .UVDATA.   9 (UV)  on disk  1  cno   22
> LOCALH> FITLD1: UVFDAT: ERROR READING TAPE. IERR=     4
> LOCALH> FITLD1: ERROR      4 RETURNED FROM UVFDAT
> LOCALH> FITLD1: Destroyed  1 extension files of type HI
> LOCALH> FITLD1: Destroyed UV image file: catno=     22 disk= 1
> LOCALH> FITLD1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
> LOCALH> FITLD1: localhos 31DEC10 TST: Cpu=     40.7  Real=    472
> IO=      2173
>
> Can you please help me? I don't understand what this error is.

This is a premature end of file error.

Try TPHEAD or PRTTP on the file.  If you send me the output from these I
can make a guess as to how big the file should be and you can check to
see if it is this big.  I suspect that the file was truncated in the
copying or creation (which depends on casa).  Usually we get a message
about wrong number of bytes in a record but I suppose it is possible to
truncate exactly on a 2880 byte boundary.