[daip] New Staff Reply - [!VFT-650742]: EVLA Data In AIPS

Eric Greisen do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Mon Jul 19 16:12:06 EDT 2010

New Staff Reply: EVLA Data In AIPS

I doubt that a model will be needed for 3C286 in D array for
FRING.  These days FRING is not always needed - POSSMs early
will show if there is a real phase slope across the band or
not.

I did not realize how narrow band these data are until just now
only 1 MHz.  The last data I looked at went from 4 to 8 GHz!
Perhaps you manage to avoid RFI entirely.  Also FRING may not
matter at all over such narrow bands.  Small delays can be taken
out with BPASS.  So I am even shorter on ideas to explain the bad
CALIB.

Forwarding this to Joergen

Eric Greisen

Ticket Details