[daip] AIPS help

Rane, Akshaya A akshaya.rane at uky.edu
Tue Jul 6 13:00:16 EDT 2010

    I am re-reducing 1667 MHz OH spectral line data from project AC319 (JUN-92, polarizations RR, LL, RL, LR). I chose one spectral channel from one day, and I plotted the visibility amplitudes with both TVFLG and UVPLT. The data are split, and they are for the program source W22.

    I plotted the visibility amplitudes in UVPLT (stokes 'rr'), and I don't see any amplitudes over 20 Jy for baseline lengths 4 - 9 kilolambda. However, when I plot the same data in TVFLG (stokes 'rr', sorted by length), I see a number of amplitudes higher than 20 Jy in the same baseline range.

    Why would the higher amplitudes be displayed by TVFLG but not by UVPLT? In both cases, I chose flagver =-1, so no flagging should have been applied when I ran either task.