[daip] Installation issues

Wes Young wyoung at nrao.edu
Thu Feb 25 18:03:56 EST 2010

Did you do a LOCALHOST installation?

I blew away a previous AIPS installation so I had an AIPS free machine and just followed the instructions. You did reboot after changing /etc/services right?

wes
wyoung at aoc.nrao.edu

bdog:Desktop wyoung$ cd ../AIPS
bdog:AIPS wyoung$ . LOGIN.SH
bdog:AIPS wyoung$ aips
START_AIPS: Your initial AIPS printer is the
START_AIPS:  - system name , AIPS type

START_AIPS: User data area assignments:
DADEVS.PL: This program is untested under Perl version 5.010
  (Using global default file /Users/wyoung/AIPS/DA00/DADEVS.LIST for DADEVS.PL)
   Disk 1 (1) is /Users/wyoung/AIPS/DATA/LOCALHOST_1

Tape assignments:
   Tape 1 is REMOTE
   Tape 2 is REMOTE

START_AIPS: I am GUESSING you are at a workstation called localhost
START_AIPS: Starting TV servers on localhost asynchronously
START_AIPS:  - with Internet Sockets...
START_AIPS: Starting TPMON daemons on LOCALHOST asynchronously...
Starting up 31DEC10 AIPS with normal priority
DADEVS.PL: This program is untested under Perl version 5.010
XASERVERS: Start TV LOCK daemon TVSERV on localhost
XASERVERS: Start XAS on localhost, DISPLAY /tmp/launch-pLNyQa/:0
XASERVERS: Start graphics server TEKSRV on localhost, DISPLAY /tmp/launch-pLNyQa/:0
XASERVERS: Start message server MSGSRV on localhost, DISPLAY /tmp/launch-pLNyQa/:0
Begin the one true AIPS number 1 (release of 31DEC10) at priority =   0
TVSERVER: Starting AIPS TV locking, Inet domain
STARTPMON: [LOCALHOST] Old TPMON1 link found in /Users/wyoung/AIPS/31DEC10/MACINT/LOAD
STARTPMON: [LOCALHOST]  - will TRY to replace & restart it here.
STARTPMON: [LOCALHOST]  - TPMON daemons on other MACINT hosts may need restarted.
STARTPMON: [LOCALHOST] Starting TPMON1 with output SUPPRESSED
AIPS 1: You are assigned TV device/server   1
AIPS 1: You are assigned graphics device/server   1
AIPS 1: Enter user ID number
?XAS: ** TrueColor FOUND!!!
XAS: ***  Using shared memory option for speed ***
XAS: Using screen width 1910 height 1078,
     max grey level 8191 in 16 grey-scale memories

AIPS 1: Enter user ID number
?1601
AIPS 1:                          31DEC10 AIPS:
AIPS 1:      Copyright (C) 1995-2010 Associated Universities, Inc.
AIPS 1:            AIPS comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY;
AIPS 1:                 for details, type HELP GNUGPL
AIPS 1: This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
AIPS 1: under certain conditions; type EXPLAIN GNUGPL for details.
AIPS 1: Previous session command-line history recovered.
AIPS 1: TAB-key completions enabled, type HELP READLINE for details.
AIPS 1: Recovered POPS environment from last exit
>exit
AIPS 1: Begin check for any 'standard' scratch files
AIPS 1: Scratch files -- destroyed:    0  still active:    0
AIPS 1: Destroyed empty user catalog on disk   1
AIPS 1: User 1601:    33 messages, oldest written 25-FEB-2010  15:54:39
AIPS 1: Deleted      0 messages
AIPS 1: Saved POPS environment in area named 'LASTEXIT'
AIPS 1: Session command-line history saved.
AIPS 1: localhos 31DEC10 TST: Cpu=      0.0  Real=     28  IO=         2
bdog:AIPS wyoung$ TVSERVER told to shut down by XAS
XAS: Quitting NOW.