[daip] How to find used/free aips user IDs

Amy Mioduszewski amiodusz at nrao.edu
Fri Feb 19 19:09:14 EST 2010

Hi Roderick,

You can basically use any aips number (except 1, which requires a password) you
want if you do not share your data disks.  I looked and you are not assigned one
here.  Basically the aips number just keeps the data catalogs for different
users separate.  If you use a computer with shared disks, you can look in the
aips data directories and the aips number being used are the extensions to the
files, in extended hex.  E.g., for file "HID01B001.1BH;" the 1BH is the aips
number and that translates to 1709.

Does that help?  If you want an aips number we can assign you one.

Amy