[daip] CLCOR vs IMAGR for shifts

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Feb 15 15:07:13 EST 2010

I do not have completely suitable data to test your issue but I tried
anyway - C array at L band.  I shifted north by 15 arc minutes.  This is
about the same as yours - to the half power point of the beam.  Then
with DOCAL=1 and DECSH=-900, I ran IMAGR.  The point source looked sort
of okay but it did not Clean down to the other sources in the field and
was not "right".  I then ran UVFIX.  Running the same IMAGR, but now on
the fixed data, produced normal - i.e. right - results.

A array would have made all this worse.

Note that UVFIX has a coordinate shift option and some discussion about
its use in the help file.