[daip] aips re-installation query

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Sun Feb 14 16:11:55 EST 2010

Katherine Blundell wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> I have installed AIPS on my new laptop but fear I am doing something a bit silly as I am getting the following error messages:
>
> Can't find /Volumes/Data/AIPS/31DEC10/MACINT/LOAD/ZSTRTA.EXE

> STARTPMON: [LOCALHOST] Cannot find /Volumes/Data/AIPS/31DEC10/MACINT/LOAD/TPMON.
> EXE
> STARTPMON: [LOCALHOST] Will NOT start any TPMON daemons.
> XASERVERS: Start TV LOCK daemon TVSERV on localhost
> /Volumes/Data/AIPS/31DEC10/SYSTEM/UNIX/XASERVERS: line 196: ./TVSERV.EXE: No suc
> h file or directory
> XASERVERS: Start XAS on localhost, DISPLAY /tmp/launch-Gb77SL/:0
> /Volumes/Data/AIPS/31DEC10/SYSTEM/UNIX/XASERVERS: line 210: ./XAS: No such file
> or directory
> XASERVERS: Start graphics server TEKSRV on localhost, DISPLAY /tmp/launch-Gb77SL
> /:0
> XASERVERS: Start message server MSGSRV on localhost, DISPLAY /tmp/launch-Gb77SL/
> :0
>
> But, the TPMON.EXE file is present in the folder it claims to not be able to find
it in...   if it is obvious to you what I am doing wrong I should be
very grateful
if you could tell me.

    No executable has been found - are you sure that they are present
in the folder exactly as listed above?  Is that folder executable, are
the files within it executable?

To answer your other question - so long as these are both Intel Macs,
just copy the data folders from the old to the new.