[daip] Millisecond Pulsars

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Feb 8 13:32:20 EST 2010

Ali Al-Taani wrote:
> */Dear Sir:/*
>
> */I’m Ali Taani from Jordan , I’m PhD student in my first years./** *
>
> */My research will be on Millisecond Pulsar, so, I’m interested in your
> efforts related (MSP). So, may I ask you to provide me software, data,
> and information related to my research project? /*
>
> */ I’m asking you how can use this program in my work./*
>
> */Looking forward to hearing from you./** *
>
> */Sincerely Yours./*

The AIPS software package is available from the web address
        http://www.aips.nrao.edu/
free of charge.  All documentation of this package is available through
that web site as well.  The package has no specific pulsar code but has
been used for interferometric imaging of pulsars when the input data are
appropriate.

Such generic questions, particularly when sent broad-side to
non-software e-mail addresses such as newsletter and archive, are not
particularly helpful.  Read the available documentation - chapter 1 of
the CookBook is a particularly good start to "what is AIPS" - and then
if you ahve specific questions, ask them.

ERic Greisen