[daip] FRING abort, 31DEC10

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Dec 16 10:28:41 EST 2010

Dieter Engels wrote:
> Dear colleagues, we recently installed AIPS version 31DEC10 to work with
> an EVN dataset. The dataset contains observations of a stellar maser using
> backends with 2048 channels. FRING aborts with ZABORS: signal 6 received,
> if we do not diminish the bandwidth (setting BCHAN and ECHAN). Sometimes
> also "signal 11 received" is communicated.

How recently?  I am guessing from the QGET message that you are using
the 32-bit LINUX installation rather than the 64-bit LNX64 installation.
The 32-bit one, in binary form, was distributed with the wrong run-time
libraries (we had to switch compilers and did not update properly).
That was fixed quite recently.  Try running a MNJ
($HOME/do_daily.<hostname>) and see what is updated.  The LIBR/INTELCMP
area is particularly interesting in that regard.  Then try FRING again.

If it still fails, I will need access to your data since FRING is used
around here a good bit with no error reports.  A FITS file (preferably
containing only the calibration data) in a public ftp site is one of the
alternatives for that.

Thanks