[daip] Problem with SPLIT, IMAGR ?

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Sat Aug 7 15:06:56 EDT 2010

Frazer Owen wrote:

>    Eric,
>
>  I ran SPLIT in the normal way on a MULTI source file (see inputs
> below). I then tried to run IMAGR on the output. I get the following
> message whether or not I  put in a source name.  Note that SPLIT does
> make an output uv file for each source. Also SPLIT/IMAGR do the same
> thing in 'NEW'. I notice SPLIT writes an NX file. I have not found any
> way to make a single source file which IMAGR will image.
>
>    The files are on pilabo disk 2 userno 2256.
>
> IMAGR2: Task IMAGR  (release of 31DEC10) begins
> AIPS 2: Resumes
>  >IMAGR2: Doing no flagging this time
> IMAGR2: **  ONE and ONLY ONE source must be specified
> IMAGR2: **  Use SPLIT & DBCON to image multiple sources
> IMAGR2: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes

The problem lies with the input data containing 2 examples of sources
that occur with 2 separate source numbers differing only by CALCODE.
SPLIT asks for sources by name and so the cal routines know that there
are 2 possibilities and so keep a source random parameter.  IMAGR sees
that and dies.  I tried renaming the sources that you have eliminated
with DSORC using TABPUT on the SU table.  Then I ran a SPLIT and it has
made a SEQ 4 file that I think will image.

This is going to be a problem....

Eric